[xmonad] xmonad 0.9 freeze, release schedule

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 20:23:14 EDT 2009

* On Thursday, October 22 2009, Spencer Janssen wrote:

>We're preparing the long-awaited release of xmonad 0.9!  Here's the
>time-table:
>
> - Thursday, Oct 22: repository freeze
> - Friday, Oct 23: release candidate packaged and published
> - Sunday, Oct 25: xmonad 0.9 release
>
>The feature freeze takes place immediately.  Until the 0.9 release, please
>apply only documentation, important bug fixes, and packaging changes to the
>repositories.
>
>Between now and Sunday, we'll be working on a release announcement.  Please
>reply with any important new features, bug fixes and compatibility notes that
>you'd like to see in this announcement.
>

>Thanks,
>xmonad team

Out of the patches pending for core, I think these ones are seriously worth
considering:

  20090516104753: Fix for Tall documentation by Khudyakov Alexey <alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
  20090727032024: correct a comment by Daniel Wagner <daniel at wagner-home.com>
  20090727041612: don't emit an error on brand new installs (i.e. when neither xmonad.hs nor xmonad-$arch-$os exist) by Daniel Wagner <daniel at wagner-home.com>
  20090920020829: Catch managehook errors like `doF (const undefined)' by Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>

If we don't apply the patch described in [1] then it is very important
to describe the addition of the ewmhDesktopsStartup for users upgrading
from darcs.

--
Adam

[1] http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2009-October/008884.html