[xmonad] New DarcsWatch features

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Nov 27 16:48:41 EST 2009

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 27.11.2009, 16:29 -0500 schrieb Adam Vogt:
> >3. DarcsWatch could be integrated closer in the xmonad bug tracker.
> >Of course, code.google.com will not be as easily hackable as a
> >self-hosted roundup instance, but maybe some interaction is possible. Is
> >there an API for that? Some features that are desirable are:
> > * DarcsWatch should somehow be aware of patches submitted via
> >code.google.com that were not sent to the mailing list.
>
> It could be simple enough to scrape mails from
> codesite-noreply at google.com, grab the link to the issue number and patch
> filename, and then scrape that page for the last link ending in that
> name.
> http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/xmonad/2009-November/009218.html
>
> Ex, to guess that the patch filename referred is actually:
> http://xmonad.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=5885454491537368539&name=track-currently-processing-event.dpatch

I thought about this, but it seems quite hackish, so hopefully a more
elegant solution can be found.

> But perhaps the googlecode bugtracker can (or should?) be adjusted to
> send the attachments to the list, which means that darcswatch should
> pick them up without any further modifications.

That would be great.

> > * DarcsWatch could be able to amend the ticket with the patch
> >application status.
> > * DarcsWatch could close tickets if a patch bundle is applied – but
> >what if the patch does not work, if there are multiple patches etc.? The
> >Darcs team has clearer semantics there, as patches and issues are
> >tracked separately on roundup (but can refer to each other).
>
> It would be convenient to mark bugs as patch-pending, but it looks like
> a lot of effort (and does google supply a stable API for it?) for
> relatively little benefit. Closing the bugs definitely doesn't fit with
> how we run things currently, but it should be same effort to implement
> as marking bugs as patch-pending.

There actually is an API:
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/IssueTrackerAPI
which could be used to add a tag "Patch-Applied" to the ticket. The API
does for some reason not include access to the attachements :-(

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner