[xmonad] xmobar bug?

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 14:39:00 EST 2009

Excerpts from J. Bobby Lopez's message of Tue Nov 17 15:10:51 -0700 2009:

> I just read this thread:http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=283
>
> And it explains a problem I am having where Xmonad 0.8 hangs every once in a
> while.
>
> The solution seems to suggest setting up StdinReader correctly, but I'm not
> sure exactly where/how to do that?
>
> Is it something I have to set up in .xmobarrc, or in .xmonad/xmonad.hs?
> Anyone have an example?

Yes. StdinReader should be in commands and template section of your
.xmobarrc to display dynamicLog data sent to xmobar's stdin from xmonad.
(for example: workspaces, layout, title of focused window.)

There is an example .xmobarrc including StdinReader on the xmonad config
archive in John Goerzen's tutorial. [1]

[1] http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Config_archive/John_Goerzen's_Configuration
--
wmw