[xmonad] Swing and keyboard

mad at unserver.de mad at unserver.de
Thu Mar 19 04:25:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

Am Tue, 17 Mar 2009 13:22:30 -0700
schrieb Kendall Shaw <kshaw at kendallshaw.com>:

> I have to use some applications that use swing, e.g. intellij IDEA.
> Sometimes the keyboard stops working for them.
>
> I have both AMT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit environment variable and I have
> setWMName "LG3D" in Hooks/EwmhDesktops.hs, but I still have the
> keyboard problem.
>
> Are there any other work arounds?

After the comment on issue 177 earlier today, I tried the patch, too,
and it seems to work for me (xmonad-darcs, jdk 1.6.0_11). Maybe you'll
have luck with it, too: it's the "failed fix attempt" at comment #2

What does the patch brake, why isn't it applied to the repo?

Cheers,
Matthias (Entroacceptor on #xmonad)