[xmonad] how to install xmonad-utils

Santanu Chatterjee thisissantanu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:27:39 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

A few moments ago, I found out about cabal while trying to install
xmonad in fedora10. xmonad is now up and running. Then I tried
exploring cabal, and tried installing xmonad-utils using it. But I am
getting the following error:
---------------------
[sc at yoda xmonad-utils-0.1.1]$ cabal install xmonad-utils
Resolving dependencies...
Configuring xmonad-utils-0.1.1...
Preprocessing executables for xmonad-utils-0.1.1...
Building xmonad-utils-0.1.1...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( src/Hxsel.hs,
dist/build/hxsel/hxsel-tmp/Main.o )
Linking dist/build/hxsel/hxsel ...
[1 of 1] Compiling Main             ( src/Hxput.hs,
dist/build/hxput/hxput-tmp/Main.o )
Linking dist/build/hxput/hxput ...

src/Hslock.hsc:37:7:
    Could not find module `Utils':
      Use -v to see a list of the files searched for.
xmonad-utils-0.1.1 failed during the building phase. The exception was:
exit: ExitFailure 1
---------------------------

Is it a bug or am I missing something? I have close to zero knowledge
of haskell, but I am trying to learn it.

My ghc version is 6.8.3.
Contents of cabal packages directory:
[sc at yoda xmonad-utils-0.1.1]$ ls ~/.cabal/packages/hackage.haskell.org/
00-index.tar     build-reports.log  ghc-paths  MonadCatchIO-mtl
utf8-string  X11-xft  xmonad          xmonad-eval
00-index.tar.gz  conjure            hint       Unixutils         X11
       xmobar   xmonad-contrib  xmonad-utils