[xmonad] My ALTernative revelation

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Sun Jun 7 15:20:19 EDT 2009

My laptop has no windows key, so for the past year or so I've just
been using alt as mod, and dealing with the fact that I can't use some
shortcuts involving alt in various applications (emacs, irssi, etc.).
Then just today I realized that I can map my left and right alt keys
separately!  So I mapped left alt to Mod3 and use that as my mod key,
and the right alt key went on happily being good old alt.  Now I can
once again use all those alt shortcuts.

Now I also feel dumb. So I thought I would share just in case anyone
else hasn't figured this out either. =)

-Brent