[xmonad] Issue 307 in xmonad: pidgin message windows change repeatedly grow on a multi-monitor setup

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Wed Jul 29 14:22:01 EDT 2009

Owner: ----

New issue 307 by matt.fowles: pidgin message windows change repeatedly grow
on a multi-monitor setup

Initial set up requires two monitors of different resolutions (call them
"large" and "small")

On "small monitor"
1. bring up the pidgin buddy list
2. double click a contact (this should bring up a message window in the
floating layer)
3. give the message window focus and hit escape (this should dismiss the
message window)
4. repeat steps 2-3 several times.  Each time the message window should be
the same size as it was before.

Repeat everything on "large monitor".

On my machine everything works correctly for the "small" case; however,
each time I open the message window in the "large" case the window has
grown from the last time it was opened.  This leads to ever growing message
windows (unless I resize them by hand, which is my current periodic work
around).

I am using:

xmonad 0.8
ubuntu 9.04