[xmonad] xmonad, dzen, pipeline issues

Sergey Manucharian sergey at ingeniware.com
Sun Jul 26 23:49:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 18:23:04 +0200
Toby Cubitt <tsc25 at cantab.net> wrote:

> I've put them online at
>
>   www.dr-qubit.org/code/scripts/dzen-status-bar
>
> and
>
>   www.dr-qubit.org/code/scripts/dzen-cal
>
> I still update them from time to time, so I'll try to remember to
> upload any updates to the same place. I might as well leave them up
> there until I get around to posting them somewhere more sensible
> (e.g. the XMonad config archive).
>
> You can configure the bars by editing the variables at the top of the
> scripts, and (in dzen-status-bar) by commenting in/out lines in the
> main loop, right at the bottom. Not the most user-friendly, but not
> too difficult. I only wrote them for my own use, and I would probably
> need to massage them into shape a little if I ever released them
> "officially".

Thank you, Toby! Cool scripts!

What I did - instead of using one status bar script I made many small
ones - kind of modular approach: cpu, battery, memory, weather, volume
etc. Of course, in that case it's harder to manage their positions. And
my calendar script is very similar to yours but, shows a horizontal
calendar ;)

All of them are not polished though, but if somebody would like to see
them I'll share with pleasure.

Cheers,
Sergey