[xmonad] xmonad, dzen, pipeline issues

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Fri Jul 24 12:23:04 EDT 2009

Sergey Manucharian wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:18:47 +0200
> Toby Cubitt <tsc25 at cantab.net> wrote:
>> (If anyone's interested in the "dzen-status-bar" and "dzen-cal"
>> scripts, let me know and I'll send them to you. I intend to make them
>> available along with my xmonad.hs eventually, but don't have time to
>> do it right now.)
>
> Of course, it would be nice to see them.
> I have my own scripts either, but they are not perfect ;)

Well, since you asked...

I've put them online at

  www.dr-qubit.org/code/scripts/dzen-status-bar

and

  www.dr-qubit.org/code/scripts/dzen-cal

I still update them from time to time, so I'll try to remember to upload
any updates to the same place. I might as well leave them up there until I
get around to posting them somewhere more sensible (e.g. the XMonad config
archive).

You can configure the bars by editing the variables at the top of the
scripts, and (in dzen-status-bar) by commenting in/out lines in the main
loop, right at the bottom. Not the most user-friendly, but not too
difficult. I only wrote them for my own use, and I would probably need to
massage them into shape a little if I ever released them "officially".

Enjoy!

Toby