[xmonad] xmonad, dzen, pipeline issues

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Fri Jul 24 12:23:04 EDT 2009

Sergey Manucharian wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:18:47 +0200
> Toby Cubitt <tsc25 at cantab.net> wrote:
>> (If anyone's interested in the "dzen-status-bar" and "dzen-cal"
>> scripts, let me know and I'll send them to you. I intend to make them
>> available along with my xmonad.hs eventually, but don't have time to
>> do it right now.)
> Of course, it would be nice to see them.
> I have my own scripts either, but they are not perfect ;)

Well, since you asked...

I've put them online at

I still update them from time to time, so I'll try to remember to upload
any updates to the same place. I might as well leave them up there until I
get around to posting them somewhere more sensible (e.g. the XMonad config

You can configure the bars by editing the variables at the top of the
scripts, and (in dzen-status-bar) by commenting in/out lines in the main
loop, right at the bottom. Not the most user-friendly, but not too
difficult. I only wrote them for my own use, and I would probably need to
massage them into shape a little if I ever released them "officially".