[xmonad] startup programs

Bozelos Dimitris dbozelos at yahoo.gr
Sat Jul 25 19:47:02 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,
After making the usual statement that I'm completely new to xmonad and I have no clue about haskell, I have loved xmonad and I have a question to find out if I can make more out of it:
I'm using fedora linux with xmonad and i'm preparing for a music performance. I need at the concert to be able to startup my laptop and if possible to have everything up and running, without having to switch between desktops and run terminals & programs. This means that I don't only want to run some programs at startup (which could be done in the usual way for linux with a startup script - although I don't really know much about it) but I want the programs to be ran from terminals and be placed in the desktops in the way I would do manually after launching xmonad.
Is this possible with xmonad? Any simple tutorials available on this? Thanks,
Dimitris

Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!;