[xmonad] xmonad transparency behavior

Nick Green ml.nwgreen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 05:31:41 EDT 2009

Hello mailing list!

  I have a sneaking suspicion that this is a "RTFM" question, but I read the
FM and didnt notice the answer so...

  I have set rxvt transparency using the strategy from the faq, but this
only works on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th...nth rxvt I have open, i.e. not on the
FIRST one I open on a given workspace.  I want it to work on all my rxvts,
even the first one on given workspace.

More specifically i set up transparency as follows.

add to xorg.conf:

Section "Extensions"
     Option "Composite" "enable"
EndSection

add to .Xdefaults

URxvt.depth: 32
URxvt*background: rgba:0000/0000/0000/cccc

add to .xinitrc

xcompmgr -c &

  Again this works for my the all rxvts open on a given workspace
except the first one.  However, I have a netbook so i rarely use more
than one rxvt on a given workspace, thus this effectively does not
work.

  Any ideas, perhaps "rtfm"s with kind links to which part of the "fm"
I missed?  Thanks much in advance!