[xmonad] problems restarting xmonad on the fly

wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Sat Jul 18 15:02:43 EDT 2009

Quoting Thomas Friedrich <info at suud.de>:

> $ cat xmonad.errors
>
> on the commandline:
>    Warning: -no-recomp is deprecated: Use -fforce-recomp instead
>
> Now, when I restart the X-Server, everything works fine again,
> INCLUDING all the changes that I made in xmonad.hs.  Compiling

Yes, it's just a warning -- the compilation has completed successfully
nevertheless.

> Where would I need to set the flag -fforce-recomp?  Where would I
> need to change what?

The darcs version of xmonad has already fixed this (see
http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=264).  Check to make
sure that the xmonad in your path is actually the xmonad you built
from darcs' source.

Cheers,
~d