[xmonad] New Layout: ThreeColumnsMiddle

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 1 21:55:05 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 02:49:43PM +0100, Carsten Otto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I modified the layout "ThreeColumns" such that the master window is
> centered. In my opinion this layout is especially useful when using a
> huge screen (30" with 2560x1600 in my case).
>
> Like in the original layout, there can be more than one master window.
> Furthermore, the size of the middle section can be changed.
>
> Code and screenshot: http://server.c-otto.de/xmonad/
>
> Sorry for not providing a patch, but I have no experience with darcs.

Hi Carsten, looks nice!  Please do consider submitting this as a darcs
patch.  There is actually a tutorial to walk you step-by-step through
exactly that process:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/xmonad_development_tutorial

Hopefully the tutorial should make it easy -- if there's anything
that's confusing or unclear, consider it a bug in the tutorial and
please let us know!

-Brent