[xmonad] Fullscreen games

Joseph Garvin joseph.h.garvin at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 12:14:48 EST 2009

What's the best window setting for fullscreen games with xmonad? I
want tiling most of the time, but for fullscreen games I'd prefer to
have xmonad keep its hands off. But if I use doFloat, then my game is
almost fullscreen but has an ugly red border around it (I like the
border when I'm using tiled windows, just not for fullscreen games,
otherwise I'd just disable it entirely), and if I use doIgnore, then
my game gets mouse focus but not keyboard focus. Neither option is
optimal. Is there a way to disable the border on a per window basis,
or to make it give an ignored window keyboard focus before ignoring
it, or some other clever hack?