[xmonad] "minimize" + "boringAuto" in Full-layout: focusUp and focusDown don't change focus

Ralph Hofmann hofmann2004 at arcor.de
Mon Dec 21 10:18:40 EST 2009

> I guess so, but I feel focus skipping of minimized windows is an
> integral part of X.L.Minimize, so the module might as well do the work
> itself of making sure the correct windows are marked as boring.

I think so too. In my opinion X.L.Minimize should do its work without AutoBoring. Boring and Minimizing are different things und should be handled as such. But then we have three different focusing functions and maybe will have even more in the future from other moduls. That's probably not good.

Instead of defining a complete focusing functions within a module, wouldn't it be better, to define only something like a focusingModifier?

Thus we can write something like:

myfocusingFunction = focusingModifier  coreFocusingFunction

in monad.hs. The user can choose his preferred modifier and can even combine them:

myfocusingFunction = focusingModifier1 $ focusingModifier2  coreFocusingFunction

Ralph

Es weihnachtet sehr! Vom leckerem Backrezept bis zum leckeren Schneehasen finden Sie alles im Weihnachtsspecial von Arcor.de:
http://www.arcor.de/rd/footer.weihnachten
Feliz Navidad, God Yul, Merry X-Mas und ein frohes Fest!