[xmonad] Re: Issue 197 in xmonad: Blocking on nextEvent stops other threads from running

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Dec 1 03:50:39 EST 2009

Comment #5 on issue 197 by amdragon: Blocking on nextEvent stops other
threads from running

I would love to see this addressed.  In order to do simple things in the
like updating the clock in my dzen, I broke down and forked completely
separate xmonad
processes and used pipes to coordinate.  A very 90's solution that is
nightmarish next to the power and simplicity of concurrent Haskell.  Is
there a good
reason not to simply add -threaded to xmonad.cabal?