[xmonad] FR: runOrToggleVisibility

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 13:17:58 EDT 2009

Excerpts from Konstantin Sobolev's message of Mon Apr 27 09:44:55 -0600 2009:

> NamedScratchpad does exactly this, but always makes windows floating.
> However, it won't float them if it's manage hook isn't installed but
> only actions are used. May be I should make this feature official by
> adding 'float::Bool' to the config?

NamedScratchpad is very nice addition; I wonder if it would be better
combined into the regular Scratchpad module to avoid some of the code
duplication and for simplicity of searching, documenting and
remembering.

Although I've not gotten around to using it yet, I definitely plan to.
I would mainly use this for tiled applications, so I would love to see
you merge it into Util.Scratchpad (re-implement existing scratchpad fns
in terms of the more general versions from NamedScratchpad) and include
the float parameter. Other opinions?

Thanks Konstantin!

--
wmw