[xmonad] Issue 97 in xmonad: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Nov 20 12:30:26 EST 2008

Issue 97: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running
xscreensaver

Comment #17 by drewfrank:
Same trouble here -- xmonad randomly "freezes up" so that I can't switch to
another
desktop, invoke dmenu, or even shift-mod-q.  If I am focused on an
application at the
time of the freeze, however, I can continue to control that single
application with
both my mouse and keyboard.  Other than that, nothing works but
ctrl-alt-backspace.

This is very frustrating, because it's pretty much a deal-breaker for an
otherwise
excellent WM.  I have no idea how to debug it.  The only advice I've found
that seems
potentially relevant is this:
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Frequently_asked_questions#An_app_seems_to_have_frozen_and_xmonad_stops_responding_to_keys

I added the relevant line to my xorg.conf, but control-alt-kpdivide doesn't
seem to
do anything for me at all.