[xmonad] Issue 97 in xmonad: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running xscreensaver

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Nov 10 03:46:26 EST 2008

Issue 97: xmonad stops responding to keyboard input after running
xscreensaver

Comment #11 by kralph:
I just had this problem also after resuming from an xscreensaver locked and
dpms
powersaved screen. Firefox happened to have the xmonad focus upon resume
also.
Firefox responded to keys, and I was able to exit Firefox. But upon
exiting, the
remaining windows on the desktop weren't retiled by xmonad. A Pidgin window
was also
on the desktop, and that responded to keys, but I couldn't mouse click
anything. I
couldn't figure out how to get xmonad to start responding normally again,
so I had to
Ctrl-Alt-Backspace out of X.

Using xmonad 0.8 on Gentoo.