[xmonad] Quite difficult hack

Andrea Spada andreaspada.mail at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:19:02 EDT 2008

Hi, folks! I'm trying  to set to functions in my xmonad.hs, without
success.

I need to change my workspace with functions keys, not as normal with
numbers. I had try the Droundy.hs method, but it not work on my config.

Also, I want to have my opacity change on focus in and out. Anyone
knows how can I achive this with transet-df?

Belowe, some of my config:

--- start here

import XMonad
import XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks
import XMonad.Hooks.EwmhDesktops

import qualified XMonad.StackSet as W
import Data.Bits ((.|.))
import System.Exit
import System.IO
import qualified Data.Map as M

import XMonad.Layout.TwoPane
import XMonad.Layout.ResizableTile
import XMonad.Layout.Tabbed
import XMonad.Layout.Combo
import XMonad.Layout.WindowNavigation
import XMonad.Layout.ShowWName

-- Actions
import XMonad.Actions.CycleWS
import XMonad.Actions.SwapWorkspaces
import XMonad.Actions.Submap
import XMonad.Actions.DwmPromote
import XMonad.Actions.UpdatePointer

--Utils
import XMonad.Util.EZConfig

main = xmonad $ defaultConfig
       { borderWidth            = 2
       , focusedBorderColor     = "#ffa434"
       , normalBorderColor      = "#2e3436"
       , manageHook     = myManageHook <+> manageDocks
       , workspaces     = map show [1 .. 12 :: Int]
       , terminal       = "Terminal"
       , modMask        = mod4Mask
       , logHook        = myLogHook
       , layoutHook     = showWName $ windowNavigation $ (avoidStruts
(tall ||| Mirror tall ||| myT , keys           = myKeys

       }

    where

etc, etc, etc...

myLogHook :: X ()
myLogHook = do ewmhDesktopsLogHook
               return () >> updatePointer (Relative 1 1)

etc, etc, etc...

myKeys = \conf -> mkKeymap conf $

etc, etc, etc...

 	--Shift workspaces