[xmonad] myStartupHook Examples?

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Tue May 20 22:03:10 EDT 2008

XMonad Fans,

Could someone point me towards examples of running things like xsetroot,
etc., from a myStartupHook?  I found a sample xmonad.hs config file and
have tweaked a couple of settings.  The example contains a myStartupHook,
which does nothing:

-- By default, do nothing.
myStartupHook = return ()

Being new to both Haskell and XMonad I'm not sure where to go from there.
I tried searching the net bit haven't found an example yet.

Bruceville, TX