[xmonad] Issue 188 in xmonad: Changing focus from a dialog box in openoffice causes 100% cpu usage

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri May 16 16:03:07 EDT 2008

Issue 188: Changing focus from a dialog box in openoffice causes 100%
cpu usage

Comment #3 by Braden.Shepherdson:
More behavioural info.

I ran it with top on a suggestion from my roommate, and it showed that
Xorg was
consuming ~65% CPU, xmonad 22-25%, and openoffice around 8%.

Also, the window border appears to be flying around between the windows
on display,
and dzen was consuming 2% CPU, implying that the logHook was getting
spammed as the
focus whirled between the windows.

Finally, the gnome-panel CPU bar was maxed out, and it was half dark-blue
interrupt-handler CPU time and half bright-blue user time.

Has anyone managed to spec the X events while this bug is active? I
suspect it might
be illuminating, but I don't know how to make that happen. I probably
should learn, I
suppose.