[xmonad] Issue 165 in xmonad: Java apps cause xmonad to segfault (X11 FFI issue?)

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Mar 27 13:52:40 EDT 2008

Issue 165: Java apps cause xmonad to segfault (X11 FFI issue?)

New issue report by byorgey:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. *Without* setting AWT_TOOLKIT=MToolkit, run a Java application such as
cgoban3.
2. Watch xmonad segfault.

Note that I cannot *always* reproduce this, and if I just start xmonad from
the command line via startx (rather than through gdm) it doesn't happen
either.  So I'm not sure exactly what the difference is, or whether
this is
reproducible for others.  But I can cause xmonad to segfault fairly
consistently.

I was able to obtain a core dump, and gdb told me this:

Core was generated by `/home/brent/.xmonad/xmonad-i386-linux'.
#0  0x0816f627 in X11zm1zi4zi1_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_zdwa11_info ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0816f627 in X11zm1zi4zi1_GraphicsziX11ziXlibziExtras_zdwa11_info ()
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()

I didn't attach the core file here since it's over 2MB, but I can easily
provide it to any interested parties.

I've no idea whether this is related to #140 (crash when closing pidgin),
but it conceivably could be the same issue.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium