[xmonad] Pasting in Prompts

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:37:00 EDT 2008

On 2008.03.25 07:46:36 -1000, lithis <xmonad at selg.hethrael.org> scribbled 0.4K characters:
> On Tue, 2008/03/25 17:25:57 +0100, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> > currently you cant paste into the Prompts by clicking the middle mouse button.
> > Can somebody reproduce this or is it just my fault?
>
> I also cannot paste into the Prompts.
>
> > Is it possible to add this feature?
>
> This would be nice. Also, a shortcut for Ctrl+V or
> Shift+Insert to paste from the clipboard would be handy.

Those shouldn't be too hard. The patch would look something like this:

{
hunk ./XMonad/Prompt.hs 319
+            | ks == xK_v               -> pasteString   >> go
hunk ./XMonad/Prompt.hs 326
+    | mask == shiftMask = case () of
+                            _ | ks == xK_Insert -> pasteString   >> go
+                              | otherwise  -> eventLoop handle -- unhandled shift sequence
}

--
gwern
Foster SIGDASYS cybercash zealand freedom destruction Magazine Satellite Terrorism resta