[xmonad] Pasting in Prompts

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:17:46 EDT 2008

On 2008.03.25 17:25:57 +0100, Dominik Bruhn <dominik at dbruhn.de> scribbled 1.0K characters:
> Hy,
> currently you cant paste into the Prompts by clicking the middle mouse button.
> Can somebody reproduce this or is it just my fault?
> Is it possible to add this feature?
>
> Thanks a lot
> --
> Dominik Bruhn

Do you know about the C-y binding for pasting into a Prompt prompt?

I gave binding 'button3'  a little try, but I didn't have any success - there's type issues between Button and KeySym, and my hack around it didn't seem to actually work when I tried it. So I think you should ask Andrea for this feature if you want it; the current setup in Prompt.hs seems very keyboard-centric.

--
gwern
Foster SIGDASYS cybercash zealand freedom destruction Magazine Satellite Terrorism resta