[xmonad] darcs patch: Add EventHook: a layout modifier to hand... (and 8 more)

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Sat Mar 22 13:43:05 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 10:34:35AM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Patches to the core are expected to reach a higher standard of assurance
> than patches to the contrib modules. This is to ensure we retain the
> stability for the core feature set.
>
> I would hope people agree that this policy has helped contribute to
> robustness and reliability of the core system over several releases now.

That's a good policy, unfortunately inconsistently enforced, which is what
causes the trouble.  see e.g. a patch which apparently went into core
without review

Thu Dec 27 00:03:56 PST 2007  Spencer Janssen <sjanssen at cse.unl.edu>
  * Broadcast button events to all layouts, fix for issue #111

which fixed no bugs (so far as anyone can tell) and introduced new bugs,
but was never rolled back, because sjanssen felt that it was *morally*
right, in spite of its causing regressions.

David