[xmonad] darcs patch: Add EventHook: a layout modifier to hand... (and 8 more)

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Mar 22 13:34:35 EDT 2008

mail:
> Hi,
>
> Am Samstag, den 22.03.2008, 11:55 -0400 schrieb David Roundy:
> > Of course, you could lobby for fixes in core, but
> > that's a slow and tedious process.
>
> A thought that occured to me: I know these kind of statements from heart
> as a Debian Developer, because Debian is 11 years old and has over one
> thousand developers. But that it should also apply to xmonad, which is 1
> year old and has maybe 60 contributors makes one think.

Patches to the core are expected to reach a higher standard of assurance
than patches to the contrib modules. This is to ensure we retain the
stability for the core feature set.

I would hope people agree that this policy has helped contribute to
robustness and reliability of the core system over several releases now.

That said, all contributions are welcome, and following up Andrea's
experiments in this area would be a good start, Joachim!

-- Don