[xmonad] Issue 147 in xmonad: urxvt -e not starting correctly

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Mar 4 15:23:33 EST 2008

Issue 147: urxvt -e not starting correctly

New issue report by daniel.hedlund:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Go to an empty workspace
2. Execute a fast command for urxvt + mc

The expected output is urxvt with mc running, what I see is urxvt with mc
running on 1/4 off the screen, not full screen. I try to start mc with:

   -- Start mc
    , ((mod4Mask,               xK_c     ), spawn "urxvt -e mc")

In my xmonad.hs, so running win+c should start urxvt with mc inside it
fullscreen. However 1/4 off the screen only. The solution that I found in
#xmonad is:

   -- Start mc
    , ((mod4Mask,               xK_c     ), spawn "urxvt -e ~/.scripts/mc.sh")

With mc.sh containing the line "mc". With similar bindings to w3m and ncdu
(curses-based du)

Xmonad 0.6-1 standard on Linux 2.6.24 (archlinux) (uname -a = Linux shiva
2.6.24-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 27 01:15:32 CET 2008 i686 Intel(R)
Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux)

If you close the terminal that you tried to run mc with win+c and run it
again it starts on fullscreen.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium