[xmonad] Re: Hello, and firefox

Braden Shepherdson Braden.Shepherdson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 00:44:28 EDT 2008

Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> And, a bit off-topic, but related still: is there a way to tell xmonad
> the desired size and position for a floated window?

Using a ManageHook, indeed yes. This will work only when the window is
spawned, of course, since that's the only time ManageHooks are called.

XMonad.Hooks.ManageHelpers contains a function called doRectFloat. It
works like the core doFloat ManageHook, but you specify an
XMonad.StackSet.RationalRect to give its position and size as a fraction
of the screen size.

For an example, see XMonad.Util.Scratchpad, the module for which I wrote
doRectFloat.

Braden Shepherdson
shepheb