[xmonad] xmonad-contrib patch

Lanny Ripple lanny at cisco.com
Mon Jun 2 17:26:57 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Just wanted to say Thanks! to everyone for XMonad.  I've got it
running with gnome for the panels but it blows the gnome WM out of
the water.

I did run across some functionality I wanted that didn't exist so I
wrote it up (attached).  On reflection I should have added a long
patch message.  I found WindowGo for runOrRaise but often I want to
pull a window (browser, mail, etc) to my current workspace instead
of going to the one it's in.  copyOrRun (and underlying copyMaybe)
do that.

  Cheers,
  -ljr