[xmonad] A New Solution to Removing the GHC Dependency

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 02:01:42 EDT 2008

* On Monday, July 21 2008, Braden Shepherdson wrote:

> Some form of captcha would be necessary to prevent spamming the form and
> crippling the box. Since it's only compiling and not executing the config
> files, it shouldn't require any lambdabot-like sandboxing.
>
> I'm willing to set up this system, and my family has a server machine that
> could be used as a testbed, but it isn't beefy or reliable enough to be
> used long-term.

Or if those resources end up costing more than the small benefit, a middle
ground would be to provide binaries for a some sample configs that show
what can be done, without every other config being just a slight
modification of original sample config.

But if setting up a compiling server is that easy, then go for it: it might
be enough to encourage those stingy people to take ghc.