[xmonad] noobish: xmobar and avoidStruts

lithis xmonad at selg.hethrael.org
Tue Jul 8 09:57:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008/07/08 06:58:25 -0500, Bastian Webster wrote:
> But when I switch to the next monitor and then
> back again, xmobar disappears, but the space for xmobar remains.  When I
> switch to the next monitor and back again, then the space for xmobar
> disappears and I can't get my xmobar instance back again without restarting
> xmonad.

That doesn’t sound familiar, but old versions of xmobar
didn’t work quite right with multiple monitors. What version
of xmobar are you running, and what is the position line of
your xmobar config?

(I think it was xmobar 0.8 that implemented the partial
strut property, allowing different screens to have different
gaps. And setting the position to Static will not work with
ManageDocks.)