[xmonad] Re: Home page redesign

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Mon Jul 7 17:04:14 EDT 2008

Jeremy Shaw wrote:

>  - serving xhtml as application/xml+xhtml does not work with konqueror
>    or IE (and probably lynx and links)

I'm not sure what the behaviour in IE is (I don't have access to such a
browser at the moment), konqueror, lynx, and links2 all render pages
acceptably when served as application/xml+xhtml, though they may process
them as html instead of xhtml (I'm not sure on this front).

Personally, I wouldn't consider this "not working" or "not viewable at all".

Most of the other "problems" with xhtml are more like common pitfalls
for document writers who don't understand the differences between html
and xhtml and don't test their documents thoroughly.