[xmonad] Issue 124 in xmonad: Closing windows while reloading configuration confuses xmonad

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Mon Jan 28 19:32:14 EST 2008

Issue 124: Closing windows while reloading configuration confuses xmonad

Comment #2 by allbery.b:
For what it's worth, I sort-of touched on this issue in another context
(session management) on 2007-10-22:

11:27:06 <allbery_b> someday in my copious free time(tm) I would like
to see if I can make xmonad play
nicely with session managers
11:28:09 <allbery_b> the session manager handles restarting the clients
and xmonad, and xmonad saves its
state in the session manager (WM_SAVE_YOURSELF) with instructions to
restore the clients and workspace
configurations
11:29:00 <allbery_b> xsm is very barebones and works readonably well though
11:31:42 <allbery_b> the main complication is you can't just blindly
use the existing support because when
xmonad is restarted the clients to be restored may not be running (or
have put up their windows) yet
11:33:48 <allbery_b> so you need a kind of deferred variant of --resume

Apparently we have that problem even during restarts, let alone when
resuming a session (actually implied by
the "existing support" comment.