[xmonad] automatically generating template xmonad.hs if it doesn't exist

David Roundy daveroundy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 18:39:22 EST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 5:18 PM,  <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> # Does it *have* to be mod1Mask? It makes more sense to steal Alt than Ctrl, I'll grant, but stealing the useless Windows is even better since even fewer apps use that; I notice that there are at least 4 or 5 configs on the wiki which change mod1Mask to mod4Mask.

As pointed out, it really does.  Most users will be disappointed when
they find that they are unable to exit a new window manager without
either killing it externally or killing X windows itself.

I would, however, suggest considering a reduction in the number of
default key bindings.  But then again, key bindings do seem to be the
one feature of any application that very few users can agree on.

David