[xmonad] Proposal: Advanced Scratchpad-Features

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Thu Feb 28 09:49:00 EST 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 03:41:50PM +0100, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> Hy,
> I recently found the Scratchpad on the Mailinglist (thanks, Braden for this).
> But, im missing two features:
> 1. Is it possible to hide the scratchpad (not close, only hide) with the same
> hotkey? So if I press the Hotkey once the scratchpad apears and another hit it
> disapears and I can recall it with the same hotkey.
> 2. Can the scratchpad made visible on all workspaces? So if I switch my
> workspace it stays visilbe and I can recall (with 1.) the same scratchpad
> everywhere?
>
> The reason for this is: I want to start a musicplayer (mocp or something like
> this) in the scratchpad and want to view it on every workspace im
on.

This is orthagonal to your original question, but as a suggestion for
music players and xmonad, I use mpd and have key bindings that control
it through mpc. I use one key for pause and another for volume
control. Finally I have included pertinent parts of the mpc output in
my xmobar. It's all pretty simple and make a very nice simple music
setup.

.02