[xmonad] New xmonad development tutorial

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 17:14:58 EST 2008

Hi all,

I've written a short meta-tutorial on the xmonad wiki, on how to develop new
extension modules for xmonad.  It's not a haskell tutorial, it doesn't cover
anything about the xmonad code itself (that's the other tutorial I'm still
working on =), just all the little bits + pieces you need to know in order
to develop xmonad stuff that weren't really documented anywhere central
before (e.g. basics of using darcs, how to create a new module and add it to
the .cabal file, coding standards, Haddock basics, how to test
Haddock-generated documentation, submitting patches, etc.).  I hope some
people will find it useful, and feel free to point it out to new people
interested in getting involved.  Comments, suggestions, and improvements (it
is a wiki of course! =) welcome.

http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/xmonad_development_tutorial

-Brent