[xmonad] darcs patch: Decoratione: generate rectangles first, and create win...

Andrea Rossato andrea.rossato at unibz.it
Tue Feb 19 07:30:53 EST 2008

Hi,

the patch description says it all. Before pushing I would like someone
to test it too (I did all my tests here, with the strangest layouts,
still I would like to have someone confirm this patch doesn't break
anything).

The fact of creating the rectangle first means that the decoration
state is now:

[(Window,Rectangle),(Maybe Window, Maybe Rectangle)]

(the maybe stuff being decorations).

As a benefit, now we create only decorations for windows that actually
need a decoration. This is needed to let Decoration decorate decorated
layouts more efficiently: with the previous approach decorating a
decorated layout would mean creating decorations for decorations too,
and, since decorations wouldn't get e Rectangle, they were hidden at a
later time.

(I hope my description is clear...;)

Andrea

Tue Feb 19 13:21:15 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Decoratione: generate rectangles first, and create windows accordingly
  With this patch Decoration will first generate a rectangle and only if
  there is a rectangle available a window will be created.

  This makes the Decoration state a bit more difficult to process, but
  should reduce resource consumption.