[xmonad] I need help with mouse resize

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 11 14:12:02 EST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008, at 6:35 , Andrea Rossato wrote:

> Basically, I'm going to use what Brandon suggested: check for a button
> event on the lower right corner of the window (I'm thinking about a 4
> pixels wide square).
>
> The problem is that the window's mask doesn't include button press
> events. Now I'm puzzled (due to my ignorance): should I change that?
> should I add some other decorations in the window's corners and set
> their event mask?

The usual way to do this is to place a transparent window (InputOnly,
often called an "event window") over the place where you want to
intercept clicks and select for ButtonPress on it.  Selecting for
ButtonPress on the whole window (a) requires you to calculate whether
to pay attention to it or not (b) complicates things when the
application owning the window is *also* selecting for ButtonPress in
the same area.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu