[xmonad] RIP RotView, new wiki page for notable darcs changes

Brent Yorgey byorgey at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 14:37:05 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have two things to say, so instead of sending two emails I just did a
merge. =)

1. RotView is dead, long live RotView!  The functionality of RotView has now
been subsumed into a new and improved CycleWS.  In particular if you used to
use 'rotView True' you can now say 'moveTo Next NonEmptyWS'.  Of course, you
can also say 'moveTo Prev EmptyWS', and other such things; see the new
CycleWS docs for more info.  Note that this removes the old RotView
restriction regarding having your workspace tags in lexicographical order;
you can specify an arbitrary sort order for your workspace tags when
cycling, and in particular the default is to cycle in config order rather
than lexicographical order.

2. To help out those creating release notes when 0.7 rolls around, I've
created a new page on the wiki:

  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Notable_changes_since_0.6

If you push any patches to the core or contrib repos that are "notable" (i.e.
an average user upgrading from 0.6 to 0.7 would like to know about them),
consider adding a short note to this page.

Happy xmonading!
-Brent