[xmonad] Re: some cleanup

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Fri Feb 1 07:33:55 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 12:20:46PM +0000, Tim Schumacher wrote:
> At Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:04:01 +0100,
> Andrea Rossato wrote:
> > Sorry if I ask, but I don't use this stuff (I don't have to hardware
> > for): do you think that the effects you are noticing are an
> > improvement, or a bug?
>
> IMHO this would be a bug. Since the other windows are on their tabs
> and not in the background.

just a terminology clarification: a tab, for you, is just the
representation of a window ("windows are on their tabs"), and so you
think they should not be visible through the transparent, focused,
window, right?

if that is right, I think that the last patch I've sent here:
should fix your problem.

I'm writing that, because, in my vision, a tabbed layout is just a
stack of full screen windows *plus* their tabs. I would expect that,
if I resize the window at the top, I should be able to see the second
window, and if I resize this second, I can see the third.

This way I can user the WindowArranger with tabbed too.

The patch that I sent, though, should make the both of us happy, since
we can have both a tabbed layout with just the focused window, and a
tabbed layout as I conceive it. As you may understand what I did was
just implementing *my* idea of a tabbed layout.

Cheers,
Andrea