[xmonad] xmonad 0.8 release candidate
me at twifkak.com
Thu Aug 21 00:27:22 EDT 2008
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 04:57:39PM -0500, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> - contributors please only push bugfixes and documentation updates until 0.8
> is released
Mind if I add "API change"? I added a feature to UrgencyHook but am not
sure I like the interface, and it'll be better to change it before there
are configs with it.
> - check the brief change list below, and tell me what I've missed.
I did a diff against
and this is what remained:
New contrib modules:
- XMonad.Layout.MultiToggle.Instances defines some common Transformer instances
for convenience in working with XMonad.Layout.MultiToggle
Changes to contrib APIs
- Search's "promptSearch" and "selectSearch" functions have shorter invocations
now; the browser argument is unneeded as XMonad will instead default to
whatever $BROWSER is, or to using Firefox.
- Search's simpleEngine has changed. It is now named 'searchEngine'. It takes
two arguments, a site name (which will be used as a prompt), and the URL
string. If you want to replicate the old simpleEngine, it'd look like
'newEngine = searchEngine "" "http://..."'.
- WindowGo now has two convenience functions for going to your text editor
(based on $EDITOR) and your browser ($BROWSER).
- HintedTile now requires an alignment argument. Add 'TopLeft' as the second to
last argument (the argument right before Tall or Wide) to match the old
- UrgencyHook lets you specify when you want the hook to trigger (default is
the same: window not visible)
More information about the xmonad