[xmonad] darcs patch: Allow users to choose whether the tabbar should always...

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Mon Apr 14 09:13:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 03:17:29PM +1000, ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com wrote:
> Mon Apr 14 15:11:04 EST 2008  Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
>   * Allow users to choose whether the tabbar should always be visible.
>   This uses the improved data structures/code layout from my second patch, but taking into
>   account suggestions by droundy and sjanssen uses the duplicated-methods found in my first
>   patch so that configs currently using Tabbed don't break.

The export list here looks acceptable, but I'd suggest a few changes...

(also, sending with the -u option is preferred)

> +-- Tab creation abstractions.  Internal use only.
> +
> +-- Create tabbar at the given location with the given shrinker and theme to the supplied
> +-- layout.  Tabbar not shown when only one window present
> +createTabs ::(Eq a, LayoutClass l a, Shrinker s) => TabbarLocation -> s -> Theme
> +             -> l a -> ModifiedLayout (Decoration TabbedDecoration s) l a
> +createTabs = tabMaker True
> +
> +-- Create tabbar at the given location with the given shrinker and theme to the supplied
> +-- layout.  Tabbar always shown.
> +createTabsAlways ::(Eq a, LayoutClass l a, Shrinker s) => TabbarLocation -> s -> Theme
> +                 -> l a -> ModifiedLayout (Decoration TabbedDecoration s) l a
> +createTabsAlways = tabMaker True

I see no reason to define createTabs or createTabsAlways.  You cut out some
of the code, and make it easy for folks reading the above functions to see
that you aren't actually duplicating code.  And shouldn't the former
function be tabMaker False?

David