[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: A better solution for choosing whether the tabbar shou...

Ivan Miljenovic Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 00:03:14 EDT 2008

David Roundy <droundy at ...> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 02:33:37PM -0500, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 07:36:11AM -0700, David Roundy wrote:
> > >
> > > Why isn't this Bool a part of the theme?
> >
> > Themes are used for decorations other than tabbed -- this option doesn't make
> > any sense for these decorations.
>
> I suppose that's a philosophical point.  But I do object to breaking the
> existing API.  I'd much rather see an extra flag like this added as a new
> function (if we can't stick it in the Theme where it won't hurt anyone), so
> existing configs would continue working.  The fact that this patch had to
> update three configs that don't use the new feature tells me it's broken.

I did it this way because that was how I interpreted sjanssen's suggestions on
#xmonad.  If you want, I can do another patch making these changes to the theme
interface, and setting the boolean flag to false by default.

If I do this though, what should I call the Bool parameter in the theme?
extraDeco ?