[xmonad] Issue 176 in xmonad: Transient windows pop up with wrong size on second screen

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Apr 11 23:21:03 EDT 2008

Issue 176: Transient windows pop up with wrong size on second screen

New issue report by lithis7:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Have a dual-head setup with screens of different resolution.
2. Run OpenOffice.org on the second screen.
3. Choose Help | About.

The About dialog box should appear as a floating window of the proper
size. Instead, the size is wrong by the ratio of the size of the first
screen to the size of the second screen. For example, I have a 1280x1024
screen 0 and a 1280x720 screen 1. The About box appears with the proper
width, but it is not tall enough.

xmonad darcs on Ubuntu Gutsy.

This issue started after romreim's recent float patch, but I'm not asking
for that patch to be reverted: I prefer this issue to the pre-patch
behavior.

A similar effect occurs when a moving a floating window between screens
with the keyboard (floating windows change size when they change screens).
That behavior has bothered me for a while. Floats do not change size when
moved with the mouse.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----
	Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium