[Xmonad] transient windows and tabbed layout

Geoffrey Alan Washburn geoffw at cis.upenn.edu
Fri Sep 21 11:18:09 EDT 2007

Is it the intended behavior that when using the tabbed layout transient
windows will remain even when switching away from the application's
window?  Or is the problem I am having that my software is not correctly
hinting its windows?  For example, when I am sending mail in Thunderbird
it pops up a progress window.  If I switch tabs, the progress window
remains.  This is not too bad in of itself, but what really annoys me is
that whenever the progress meter refreshes, it switches me back to the
Thunderbird tab that opened the progress meter window.