[Xmonad] Re: How to combine xmonad with Ubuntu? (offtopic)

Andy Gimblett A.M.Gimblett at swansea.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 10:28:02 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 02:57:01PM +0200, Kai Grossjohann wrote:

> I installed apticron on my Debian system.  It is very nice.  Every
> morning about 1/2 h after turning on the laptop, if there are
> updates, I get an email saying that there are updates, and then I go
> to a shell and type "sudo aptitude dist-upgrade".

That's nice.  Alas, now you have me distracted from my thesis and
wanting to write something which works similarly but instead pops up a
"U" or something on my dzen2 statusbar.  ;-)

(Though, that might be too subtle - my laptop keeps shutting itself
down because I fail to keep an eye on the statusbar; I need to pop
something up with xmessage or xosd or something (what's nice for
this?). More hacking!  Anyway, back to it...)

-Andy

--
Andy Gimblett
Computer Science Department