[Xmonad] Re: darcs patch: add LayoutChoice module.

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 6 13:51:43 EDT 2007

David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> writes:

>> That's a functionality I missed since I switched to xmonad, so thanks
>> a lot.  But I cannot apply the patch.  Darcs tells me:
>
> I presume the jumping straight to full-screen is what you've missed?

Yes, and since I use 5 layouts which are all usefull in some scenarios
it's not always possible to guess in what layout I am.  Tiled, mirror
tiled, full and two-pane look similar for one window, and tiled and
two-pane look similar for two windows.  So you have to learn the
sequence of layouts in defaultLayouts and count from the first
distinguishable layout when switching.

>> ,----
>> | root at baldur /u/p/d/d/x/XMonadContrib# darcs apply /home/heimdall/add-layout…
>> |                                      …choice-module_.dpatch
>> | darcs failed:  Patch bundle failed hash!
>> | This probably means that the patch has been corrupted by a mailer.
>> | The most likely culprit is CRLF newlines.
>> `----
>>
>> But my emacs says the file has unix-eols.  What's the culprit?
>
> How did you save the patch from your email?

`o' (`gnus-mime-save-part') on the attachment.

> Most likely that's when it got corrupted.

Hm, that's the normal way I do it.  I tested it with another patch and
it worked.

Bye,
Tassilo
--