[Xmonad] darcs patch: XSelection.hs: simplify creation of window (and 10 more)

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Wed Oct 24 08:46:37 EDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 04:03:21PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> I favour no import lists these days.

I'm a relative newb, so take my style comments with the appropriate
amount of Navium Chloride, but I favour no blanket statements these
days.

Partly influence by XMonad's code itself, I've been using a mixture of:
 * explicit imports, for where I'm only using a couple functions (e.g
   Control.Monad.State (gets) )
 * unqualified imports, for where I'm using a bunch, and its use it
   quite core to what I'm doing (e.g. XMonad)
 * qualified imports, for where I'm using a medium-sized amount, or
   where popular naming conflicts[1] exist (e.g. Data.Set vs Data.List vs
   StackSet)

I find that's worked fairly well for me, but I haven't yet Haskelled
"in the large."

Devin

[1] Sometimes they're not actual naming conflicts, like intersect vs
intersection, but it's close enough that it deserves distinction.