[Xmonad] Help: sendMessage doesn't work for me in combineTwo

Xiao-Yong Jin xj2106 at columbia.edu
Tue Oct 23 19:42:50 EDT 2007

Hi list,

I added the following to my Config.hs

hunk ./Config.hs 141
+          , Layout $ combineTwo (TwoPane delta (5%16))
+                       (Mirror tiled)
+                       (Circle)
hunk ./Config.hs 240
+
+    -- for combineTwo
+    , ((modMask .|. controlMask .|. shiftMask, xK_l), sendMessage $ Move R)
+    , ((modMask .|. controlMask .|. shiftMask, xK_h), sendMessage $ Move L)
+    , ((modMask .|. controlMask .|. shiftMask, xK_Up), sendMessage $ Move U)
+    , ((modMask .|. controlMask .|. shiftMask, xK_Down), sendMessage $ Move D)

in the hope that pressing the key would move a window from
one pane to the other.  But I can't.  Pressing the key
combination doesn't do anything.  Am I doing anything wrong?

Xiao-Yong
--